This is a blog about the research on the unique individuality of Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel and her influence on 20th century fashion.
Copy and paste link into URL to take the survey:
To someone interested in fashion:
- Why do you personally think Coco Chanel was so influential? What made her so popular during her time?
- Does her style influence any aspect of your style?
- How do you think her name has thrived onwards to the present?
- Do you think the style referenced with Coco Chanel changed significantly over time? Or at all?
- How do you think the rise of the Chanel style has affected women in general?
- How do you think the rise of the Chanel style has affected people interested in fashion?
- How do you think it has it affected the world of fashion in general?
To someone who is not interested in fashion:
- Do you know who Coco Chanel is? Or have you heard the name Chanel?
- What do you associate with the name/word Chanel?
- If you know who Coco Chanel was, what do you know about her? What have you heard? Any common facts or information?
Powerpoint Presentation on my research project: chanelpowerpoint
The designs created by Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel were one of the huge influnces on women’s fashion during the mid 20th century. She inspired an entirely new concept to women’s fashion by simplifying while still keeping her style feminine and classy.
Heading 1: Rational- what doing, why doing
I am doing my research paper on Coco Chanel and her influence on 20th century fashion. Coco Chanel has a unique style and vivid imagination which helped her create her revolutionary designs that influenced a huge change in the fashion world. Coco Chanel was a strong, smart woman who made a huge impact on womens fashion. She took her inspirations and ideas and produced a clothing style of simplicity and elegance for the modern women to wear. She, and other very influential designers around her time, helped introduce the idea for women to be able to wear pants, something that was not even considered before. Women of her time wore huge, puffy dresses with as much décor and embellishment that could fit on. They wore hats with an overwhelming array of feathers and jewels and overall just appeared completely overdone. Chanel created an entire new look that opened up all the possibilities for women’s fashion. Chanel created the “little black dress” and the cardigan jacket, fashions that are still incredibly popular to this day. She produced the pea jackets and cardigan suits. All of her designs were so simple and stylish, women all over the world wanted to wear her designs. All over Europe and in the United States , Hollywood stars and other women wanted Chanels revolutionary designs.
Heading 2: Methodology- how are you going to do this
In my research paper I am going to analyze and explain Coco Chanel’s personal style, designs, how her fashion came to be popular during her lifetime, how it affected so many woman around the world, and finally how it has changed fashion during the 20th century and influenced so many aspects in the fashion world. I am going to have 5 body paragraphs, one for each of these categories.
Heading 3: Literature Review-summarize body of literature for topic
The sources I have been using so far are all internet sites, but I am narrowing them down to ensure that they are all legitiment sources of information. I’m also looking for some of Coco Chanel’s books, because there are so many books on her inspirational life and phenomenal contribution to fashion. I will also search the internet for sources of articles about Coco Chanel, and possibly about this topic in specific if possible.